Friday, January 13, 2012

Frank's RedHot Chile & Lime



Frank's RedHot Chile & Lime
Scoville Units 1500-2000

For scoville info see my first review on ©Tabasco. Jan 2012

Ingredients= Aged Cayenne Red Peppers, Distilled Vinegar, Water, Salt, Spice, Natural Lime Flavour, Garlic Powder .

Manufactured=USA

The scale is based out of 10

-Smell
Vinegar, You can really smell the peppers in this one as well as the Lime flavour. Smells mild and like Cumin, Garlic , and maybe Paprika?
Has a really nice smell

= 8.5/10

-Taste
The first thing I taste as I put the sauce in my mouth is an Overpowering taste of Lime. It says it's got natural lime flavour, but it tastes so fake like a lime Popsicle. The Chile adds nice flavour and it could use more garlic. I am not a fan of this one.

= 6/10

-Heat
It's a very mild sauce that would suit well to Wing's or any other direct topping. Nothing spectacular.

= 2/10



Frank's RedHot Chile & Lime = 6/10

I would not recommend this sauce :( Way too much "fake" lime flavouring to it. I would suggest Original Frank's and squeezing you're own lime to add the amount of "lime" to suit you're tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment